View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 01:04 PM   #3
phillipm

Re: 78 2wd Blazer - LS Swap and more..

Seeing as how the new fuel sending unit is a 33-240 Ohm and the original gauges was a 0-90 I decided to replace the gauge with an autometer replacement. I did notice that the spacing on the screws looked the same as the new gauge so I pulled the autometer apart.

Here was the stock gauge.

and here is the new autometer after I pulled it all apart. It has the same spacing and 3 stud mounting as the stock one.

I initially pushed it in and thought oh man, this is great!

I then realized that the ignition power and sensor signal were on opposite sides as the stock gauge. So I had to flip it over which left it without a ground. Not a problem though, I just ran a ground jumper up to the gauge above.

After this I turned my attention to the couple very small rust repairs needed behind the rear wheel wells. I used repair panels from LMC.

Next we pulled parts off the front to start doing some painting and dent repairs.

I also filled the antenna hole and will be running a hidden antenna as well as an XM antenna.

I then started getting the fuel system hooked up. Here is the Corvette fuel filter mounted and the 3/8" feed that I used to connect the stock line to the new filter. I flared this line with the GM push lock flare so not adapters needed.

I crimped on some AN 6 fittings to Gates fuel injection barrier hose for the feed side.

This shows the space I have above the tank for the fuel module.

Last edited by phillipm; 09-21-2017 at 12:32 PM.
phillipm is offline   Reply With Quote