View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 07:25 PM   #2396
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Ah Glen, very sorry to hear about your loss. It must be painful still. So sorry.

My retirement is coming at the right time. I have been “out of the office” assigned to heavy civil construction jobs sites in L.A. for over the last 10 years. This was good in that I had complete freedom and autonomy. But the bad part was guys in the field are completely overlooked when it comes to promotion. In fact getting passed over for the last one in favor of someone who admittedly knows nothing about construction and would never agree to work in a field environment tore it for me. I was looking for a way out after that. But I’m ok with it. I wouldn't have wanted to go back to the coat and tie, 8 to 5 environment anyway. I have 26 years service and another 5 years we’re allowed to “buy” for a total of 31. With my age that gives me the most pension I can get for the years. With some money I’ve managed to save for later when inflation hits me and a reduced Social Security I’ll get eventually because I have a pension from a public agency I will hopefully be fine.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote