View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:01 AM   #24
cortcomp

Re: '66 Longbed 327 w/AC project

They honestly fit like they're factory there, and like you said still room for a spare tire. From everything i've found, these guys have long been out of business. They had a court case in the supreme court over FET taxes, that i had a lawyer friend pull the brief on and was some interesting reading (if you're into tax liability). Maybe pushing that put them under? I do wish someone else made something like this, i'd think you'd sell a ton. This kit in the 60's retailed for like $70...that's like $150-200 today...what a deal that'd be! The best parts of these tanks, i think, is a) they're poly so no rust, and they seem double walled, so i'm betting if you smash them they collapse, not split at the seam (can't find a seam.) and b) no cutting of the sides of the bed for a filler neck access panel. If you didn't know to look for the fillers in the wheel well, you'd never see them. Waiting on some new gas caps now (3 matching) since both of these are dried up and beat. If you find someone else making something like this, throw it out there! This was an RV place, so maybe someplace like that?
cortcomp is offline   Reply With Quote