View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 10:52 PM   #1
GMCGrim

99 Silverado heater core and a/c evaporator

Last week I took a couple of days off from work to replace the heater core in my 99 Silverado. Since the a/c had to be discharged I thought why not replace the evaporator also. Well I have to say it was quite a job to get the heater box out of the truck and back in. The new parts came from Rock Auto which is where I buy most of my parts.

The one thing that really annoyed me more than anything was the fact that the cabin air filters( which I did replace ) were inside of the heater box. Now
what genius decided to place the cabin air filters inside of the heater box with no access to them except by removing the entire heater/AC box and open it up.

These things have not been changed since 1999. So you could only imagine how dirty they were. Sometimes these so called educated automotive engineers
who are employed by the auto industry come up with some of the dumbest ideas. I do know that at the end of the day the auto industry does not want you to keep a vehicle that long but I am not that guy. Anyway enough ranting, I am sure that some of you guys have seen plenty other dumb things these bonehead engineers/ auto designers have done.
GMCGrim is offline   Reply With Quote