View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 10:53 PM   #53
justaguy

Re: vent window woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
Nope, you have to remove or slide back the door glass to get the vent out.

I typed this up tonight so I will post it here too...

'67-'72 Chevy & GMC vent window removal.

Remove the inside door handle and window riser handle.

Remove the door inner panel.

Remove the inner and outer window sweeps. (You can’t pull the wing window back to get it out of the door frame with them in place)

Pull the door window channel out of the door frame at the top by the wing window. (You can’t pull the wing window back to get it out of the door frame with it in place)

Remove the two ¼” machine screws at the bottom of the "rear" window channel and the ¼” machine screw from the the top of the "rear" window channel by the door latch. You can leave the channel in the door but push it back in the corner.

(If you are going to replace the window felt channel pull it all out starting up by the top of the wing window)

Roll the door window down and slide it back away from the wing window.

Remove the three small flat head screws that go through the angled part of the door frame and into the wing window, then remove the two ¼” machine screws from the bottom holes in the inner door that screw into the bottom bracket of the wing window.

From the inside of the vehicle tip the wing window back and pull it up a ways, then rotate it so that the bottom mounting bracket will slide out of the opening when you slide it all the way up and tip it toward you.

Any questions post 'em up....

LockDoc
Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!!! to LockDoc for writing this up!

Some nice vandal broke my drivers window out and when trying to replace it I ran into nothing but trouble trying to reassemble it. I spent a couple of hours trying to get the vent window reinstalled and finally gave up. After reading your instructions I had it fixed in under an hour. Thank You!!!
* '64 2 Dr Merc Comet; '66 Mustang (Wife's)
* Two Toyota RAV4s DDs & 3 Motorcycles
* And we WALK to Work! (Driving takes longer!)
justaguy is offline   Reply With Quote