View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
Tomahawk30

1972 Cheyenne Super SWB K10 WIW???

I asked this in my thread about black / blue trucks, but thought maybe it would generate more discussion in a separate thread...

This truck was an original Black / Blue Cheyenne Super 4x4 SWB w/ AC (that has all been gone through and needs the pulley aligned to have it working). Metal bed, probably needs painted sooner than later due to a few spots where the paint has been rubbed away. I would probably have it spot repaired temporarily if I bought it today. Doesn't have the original engine / transmission. Now has an early 80s 350 with aluminum heads and Edelbrock Pro Flo EFI and a 4 speed manual transmission. They also replaced the gauge cluster when the rebuild was done with a new cluster with the tach. The frame has been coated as well, and according to the owner there is no rust outside of some surface rust where the paint chipped away on the back corner of the cab just above the bed. And as you can see from the pic, it needs some interior work.... So I'm wondering if the variances from original equipment make this a no-go? I am looking for another SWB Cheyenne Super K10, but if the changes negate its value as a fairly rare truck maybe I'd be better off to keep looking? Any thoughts as to what it is actually worth as is? I'm looking at driving 10 hours each way to pick this thing up, but if there red flags that I'm just overlooking, I'm definitely all ears!!!

1972 C10 Custom Deluxe Highlander - sold
1971 Cheyenne Super Longhorn -sold
1972 Cheyenne Super SWB 4x4 -sold, bought back, sold again... I'm dumb.
1970 Chevy C10 SWB "Sprout" -sold
1972 Cheyenne K20 -sold
1969 GMC Shortbox Stepside 4x4 -sold
1972 GMC Jimmy 4x4 -sold
Tomahawk30 is offline   Reply With Quote