View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 06:02 PM   #11
MotorSeven
Restoration Desperation

Re: Project Underhaulin Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Just being honest here... that's kind of a lame move. You don't even know the full situation.
I don't think it's lame, but you are correct I didn't know the full situation and neither do hundreds of forum members that volunteered or donated. If you look back through the 3 main threads reference this project, all communication on the forum basically stopped a year ago. The original Underhaulin thread has been closed/locked. This has lead to suppositions, questions, accusations and frustration. Heck, I am guilty of being frustrated and walking away almost a year ago.

Anyway, I was just contacted by Rusbuilt who is in possession of the truck and parts. Just like me and a few dozen others that took this thing on, Russ is guilty of good intention, but was unable get this done in a timely manner. Russ said that he does not post much anymore because he has taken the brunt of the negative comments reference the project stalling once again.

The truck is a couple of work weekends away from completion. The last time he talked to Dawn she asked if the truck could be given to her Grandson, but did not tell him which grandson it was...she has several. Russ assures me that he wants the truck finished and "disposed of" properly and these were the last suggestions:

a)Finish the truck and give it to one of Dawns daughters(pick one).

b)Finish the truck and sell it on Ebay, then donate the money between all of Dawns grandsons. they are all under 18, so accounts would need to be set up so the money is distributed when they reach 18.

c)try and find out which grandson Dawn was referring too and give it to him when he becomes 18 which would require member storage for several years.

I know a bit about the background of Dawns children. Needless to say, it's complicated, so just throwing names in a hat, and handing over this truck to the 'winner" is not a viable option. The reason I want to run this by an attorney is because I want to find out what the rules are before we play this game. I want no legal backlash on any forum members due to ignorance of civil law.

Keep in mind, the truck we have today is not Dawns truck ...legally. Her cab was junk, so the original titled vehicle simply does not exist anymore. The truck we have is titled in Russ's name because it was the only way to continue moving forward with the build. Russ said he has over $5K in this truck and the only thing he wants back is to see it go to whomever the forum members deem "worthy" in Dawns family.

Folks, we still have work to do. we will still need volunteers to do labor. There are duplicate parts that need to be sold so missing parts can be bought. I don't want this to fall only on Russ's shoulders, the rest of us that started this thing will still have to pitch in(myself included).

Let me know everyone's thoughts, but please no finger pointing. If we start arguing, then nothing will get done...again.
MotorSeven is offline   Reply With Quote