View Single Post
Old 03-08-2022, 12:01 PM   #1
Old Doug

1995 366 tbi to carburetor

I have a 95 GMC on propane i want to put a carb on it on its tbi intake.I realy dont want to try to get the tbi working its about half there and i wanted a older truck but i have this one so . Has any one done this will i have to swap out the distributor all so ? Will a HEI distributor work with out changing the oil pump drive if you didnt know 427/366 used different drives on points and HEI so it wasnt a direct swap. I want to get or build a carb to tbi adapter but i havent found anyone that has ever put a carb on a tbi intake. If i have to buy a carburetor i thought about a big 2 barrel instead of a 4 barrel because i dont think the 4 barrel gets opened up under normal use. I have alot going on so i want to make this as easy as i can. I have been using it on propane the last 2 years but they are raising the clean fuel permits this year and will be raising it 20% every year for the next 5 years . I havent used it this year because of the permit i can ether buy the permit or buy a carb.
Old Doug is offline   Reply With Quote