View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 01:05 PM   #66
6DoF

Re: Project: Tow-Rat (Lil' Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
I will need to do a little work on my front fenders as well. I plan to cut and move the lip out to match the room I need and weld in the required wedge of steel in the gap. it won't be much but enough to clear the tires with a wheel turned at full lock and the suspension run through a complete travel from full droop to full jounce. not gonna have any tire rub issues on mine and don't wanna lose the rigidity of the fender lip. thats just me though and mine will be a daily driver by whoever has the keys. it will be a boat tow machine in the summer and sometimes you just need that full lock to lock capability with no weird looks at the boat launch.
what about grafting in the wheel opening from a big truck fender? should be a few of those around that are in good shape. just a thought.
ever since you n brought it up page one, i've been looking for a set. only thing i've found is an entire dump truck 6400 for $3500 that is 4 hours away. if i could find a set, i would buy em for sure. worst case if/when i paint the whole thing.

unlike yours, mine will be 99% me driving it. 0.8% my wife driving it with me in it, 0.015% my wife by herself, and 0.005% my idiot friend who stole the keys and is about to get kicked in the nutz
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote