View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 02:20 PM   #35
suburbangeorge

Re: Dana 44 closed knuckle disc brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce A. Frank View Post
Surburbangeorge, thank you for that information. Interesting what the "experts" don't know or won't tell you.

One of my problems is that I want to retain the large circle (7.25") 6 lug bolt pattern because it is unique to IHC. This project has stalled, but has recently been rejuvenated. I am working with company that builds parts for race cars. The manager thinks we can create a kit from Wilwood parts.

I had looked at Wilwood, but everything I saw was in the $500 per wheel range. He thinks we can do it for less than $150 per wheel. I just need to pull the wheel and take it to him for accurate measurement. Just my time has suddenly become busier.

In our discussions I revealed that I am a welder. He needed a TIG welder so he hired me. Dream job, but it cuts into my freetime, compared to my retired free time.

BTW, that link with the picture from Circle Track Supply, that link no longer works. The company still exists, but I can find no front axle conversion kits on their site.

Yes, that is my truck in Four Wheeler!
So I'm also into water cooled VWs as well as trucks. There are companies which make adapters to mount one bolt pattern wheel on another wheel hub. If you could tolerate your wheel sitting another inch outboard, I'm pretty sure that you could have something made up.
suburbangeorge is offline   Reply With Quote