View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 02:28 AM   #1343
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
Was it worth it? Without knowing what you spent it's hard to say but it does look good. If it works and you're happy with the look then it was. I didn't know there was a cable driven tach available for these. I'm surprised you haven't fabbed up some kind of special fit glove box to fit in there yet, considering how much effort you put into storage space on this rig.
Glove boxes and liners in these thing piss me off. Every time I have to get to something behind it, it has to come out. Installing them is easy, but removal sucks. I thought about some other storage device, but I have so much available elsewhere I liked this better for mounting other "dashboard" type things. Since this pic, I have mounted a T handle Bowden cable in there, on a bracket, to control a heater coolant valve. This way if we get somewhere and it gets cold, I don't have to get under the hood to open the previous ball valve I had. I can just pull the cable and get heat or turn on the Webasto unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
It looks very nice! I miss my factory diesel tach cluster. By the way, those new shocks are pretty sweet too!
Thanks!! Thanks again for the help in figuring out the option group for the drive parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
I'd say it was worth it! All looking original and got to eliminate 2 gauges. Nice install.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaaa1 View Post
yeah, it was worth it. i can say that because it's not my money. but it does look good.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985-GMC View Post
Nice work! More great upgrades to give us all ideas for our junk
Thanks!!