View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 12:44 AM   #1
Reggler

'72 C10 Suburban Ambulance

Hello all, been lurking for a few weeks now. I picked up a 1972 C10 Suburban, former ambulance out of south dakota. Story goes that 10 years ago it was decommissioned, and then was the P/O daily for the past 3 years in Minnesota.
It currently has a bone stock 350, 4bbl, with a th350, and I believe a 10bolt and 3:73 posi rear, coil spring rear. It'll be used as a weekend warrior for my metal art hobby, fun driver, and maybe see some car shows. For the interior I plan on finding some late model suburban seats for the front and middle rows, a giant center console for storage, cup holders, holster, maybe a display of some sort; making a wooden frame to hold my art in place in the far back, adding a radio and a bunch of sound, some accent lights so I can actually see in there and just tinkering or fixing some small issues. Under the hood it is getting flowtech headers{just got} and Edelbrock perf rpm intake[laying around], and either a Holley 4160[laying around] or some edlebrock carb. Definitely fixing the A/C, has front and rear air and is missing the compressor. I am keeping the overall ambulance look, I even want to find some LED lights where the warning lights on the roof use to be.
Future plans are either vortec 350, or LS swap. Either way, I want overdrive and possibly EFI of some sort. And air ride, I like the look of that.
Hopefully everyone can view the pics, I have them on fb and I'm too lazy today to host them somewhere right now.

Reggler is offline   Reply With Quote