View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #74
special-K
Special Order

Re: GMC Trim Levels Q?

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorystock View Post
First photo shows '71 offerings, other 2 photos show '72 offerings. There was a realignment from 3 trim levels from 67 thru 71 to 4 trim levels in '72.Deluxe went to Custom. Custom went to Super Custom. Super Custom went to Sierra. Sierra Grande was now a new trim level for '72. During '69 thru '71 Sierra and Seirra Grandes models did exist, but they were considered additional option packages not trim levels. In '72, they were no longer options packages, the Sierra and Seirra Grandes were trim levels.It appears a Sierra from 69 thru 71 was an option package available, even a base model, that gave you the custom comfort and appearance group, chrome front bumper, inside mirror, chrome hubcaps and lower side mouldings. The Sierra Grande from 69 thru 71 was the super custom trim level package with everything the Sierra came with except the lower mouldings were swapped out with door edge guards. Remember, these are the minimums, separate options could always have been added when ordering any trim level truck up at the dealership.
I still don't see what the Sierra Grande option package gives the Super Custom that it didn't already come with. Are you saying the '72 Sierra Grande came with no lower mouldings? The Sierra option package must have given more to Deluxes than Customs,because the Custom already came with the Custom Comfort & Appearance Group and lower mouldings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
I still haven't figured this out either, but here is some 68 info that may or may not confuse you more...
That helps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leh72super1500 View Post
Does any body know if the fancy side marker lamps (with metal trim), and the tailgate "GMC" band came with the Super Custom? My Super Custom has both of these perhaps they were installed by a PO, however the SPID lists the B85 Belt Moulding, and the BX2 Body Side Moulding, would the marker lamps and tailgate band be perhaps included with these Options?
If you're taking about a '72 Super Custom then those things would have been added. The 'Super Custom became the mid-level trim which include a strip of trim across the bottom of the tailgate,black accented lower side mouldings,standard lenses on the side,and no tailgate band. Tailgate bands only came on the trucks with woodgrain.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote