View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #142
imperialreign

Re: Chevy Sport Truck questions

Just wanted to say that I'm glad I ran across this site. I've been trying to dig up info on my truck for the longest time, and haven't really found anything noteworthy until here . . .

I own a 1990 C1500 Sport. Except for the exterior badging, interior color and motor, it's practically identicle to an SS (so much so that I get stopped all the time with people asking if it is). I'm the 2nd owner of this truck, and the original owner was my neighbor for the better part of 15 years.

I absolutely love it. The Sport models are uncommon in my region, and the black C1500 sport and the SS are even more rare.

What has always thrown me off, though, were some installed options that I thought were specific only to the SS. The truck originally had the SS-style side mirrors (which I had removed as I prefer the larger "standard" ones, the originals are still sitting in the garage, though), as well as the chrome center caps and BFG 60-series tires. Interior came equipped with that charcoal grey, cloth styling - bucket seats, center console, premium sound system with satellite cassette and 5-band EQ, and all the other bells & whistles.

I've noticed even the performance of this model seems to be a bit better than other same year C1500s with the 350 . . .

She's in horrible need of a paint job, though, but the interior is still in excellent shape. Only 138k on the odometer ATM.

Anyhow, the one question I'm really curious about . . . does anyone know what the production totals were for this model? From what I understand, they're almost as rare as the SS.

Last edited by imperialreign; 06-14-2010 at 06:23 PM.
imperialreign is offline   Reply With Quote