View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
SeventyOne

The "In over my head" build thread

A little story to start things off...

I always liked the look of these 4x4 blazers and when I finally decided it was time to buy one I jumped in and bought the first one I saw.......not too smart in the long run

Had all sorts of issues once I started to tinker with it and see what shape it was really in. Started checking out craigslist for parts and I was so mad at myself for missing a cheaply priced cherry set of seats that I told myself "you need to keep checking in case other deals pop up".

What ended up happening just two days later was a whole blazer for sale popped up with NONE of the issues my current blazer had (and for almost half the price of the first blazer). My wife told me I was crazy and thought going to look at it was making the same mistake all over again.

Went and checked it out and bought it in Oct. '08....I couldn't help myself . Drove the 100 miles home like a champ! Drove it awhile like that and this past July I started the tear down.

The obligatory before pictures
Name:  IMG_2627.JPG
Views: 5617
Size:  74.8 KB
Name:  IMG_2635.JPG
Views: 5772
Size:  77.3 KB

Here is where the truck was as of sunday.
Name:  IMG_4081.JPG
Views: 5487
Size:  85.5 KB
Name:  IMG_4082.JPG
Views: 5551
Size:  85.6 KB
Name:  IMG_4083.JPG
Views: 5502
Size:  86.5 KB

Toughest part was getting a few of the body bolts to separate since the were rust-fused together - thanks to my brother for figuring out how to pop those loose. Once it was free my crew of ten "Blazer slaves" (8 lifters, 1 frame roller-outer, and 1 dolly roller-inner) helped with the heavy lifting

Big thanks to Classic383 for the inspiration and dimensions for the dolly to get me here.

Last edited by SeventyOne; 02-05-2010 at 12:49 AM. Reason: spelling
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote