View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 05:45 AM   #3
donthekawguy

Re: 03 GMC 2500 battery problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
Auto should shut off the headlamps when you turn off the ignition. That's the position to leave the headlamp switch in unless you want to turn em on during the day.
If the bell was dinging you likely had the headlamps switched on. That'll run the battery flat right quick.
I could could hear the fan barely running when I turned the key on the next morning but I think I figured out the problem. The ignition switch is really worn out and sometimes I have to jiggle the key to get it to turn and to get the key out. I t did the dinging thing again when I drove it home this morning so I put the key back in and jiggled it until it stopped dinging. The original key is so worn out its hard to believe it can even start the truck. lol This truck was used by a landscape company for their sprinkler guy so it was probably started 20 times a day. It does have low miles and I would rather the guy wear out the starter than to leave it running all day. I have a new switch coming and also a cruise control stalk while I'm in there.