View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 08:44 PM   #1
BOSS
Just here to help

Vote for 67-72 TOTM Febuary

HI!
I really appreciate those guys nominating me for TOTM! Pretty cool....here is some info on my truck...she has already been in the pages of Trucks Magazine(6 pages to be exact) and she will be in Chevy Truck World magazine this coming month..not sure how many pages. LOL!
We bought her from a lady who lives around the corner from us. She was having a yard sale & advertised a restored Chevy Pick up...so we went & looked & saw the '70 under the carport, leaning...on flats & covered in about 10" of dust..LOL! We asked if that was the truck..she said yes...and she wanted $5k for her...at the time I was in the process of selling my 94 Suburban and couldn't buy the 70 unless it sold first....so weeks went by...and I finally sold the Burb..went back & the '70 was still sitting there, as if to be waiting for me! We made her an offer, and limped her home around the corner! We did an overhaul on her, oil, filter & all the goodies, plus she had a broken spindle from the abuse the lady's BF gave..the truck was obviously beat..the guy didnt care what he did...so we got her new tires..etc...and now she sits with as follows:
She is a 1970 C10 Custom, she has a 350/400 turbo,polished aluminum intake, Billet Valve Covers, HEI , Rams Horn exhaust manifolds with true dual exhuast,12 bolt posi rear, she has been treated to a full restoration, minus the cab being taken off the frame. Every other panel & bed has been removed for restoration!! Frame has also been restored. Everything on her is NOS, with some minor MODS. She has all new glass & seals,weatherstripping. Future MODS for her in the very near future are as follows: Remove tool box & install either a hardcover or soft tonneau. Flowmasters for sure. Gotta love the sound! New Wheels & Tires, so I can alternate the look from time to time. But I plan on keeping the Rallys..as everyone asks on the 67-72 forums..they beg me to keep em!
I will have to send pictures of the truck tomorrow in another email...I have them on disc & have to go searching..
Thanks again! If you need more info, please let me know!
Theresa
JerseyGirl

Norwood Survivor
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote