Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 03:12 PM   #725
dettmer13

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
1. your front clip is pointing down in relation to the cab. this happens more than you think on this swap. raise it so the body line on the fender is level with the bottom of the door.

2. it looks like you might be mounted a bit far back, but to be sure, did you replace the upper control arms? if you swap them side to side or use the speedway tubular uppers and get them on upside down? the wheel will move forward a lot in either case. did you take out any caster shims? it also sets the wheel forward if they are removed. if you havent messed with the control arms, triple check your measurement and make sure the body mounts are level and plumb. for example, the body being low on the rear mounts will cause the problem stated in #1 and lean the cab back.
joedoh, The front clip is facing down right now because I was following the Stovebolt forum directions to get my hood alignment and fenders to line up before I welded in my core support, but I will make the proper adjustment to check for wheel clearance first. Also, I haven't messed with the suspension at all yet. Everything is just as stock as it came on the S10. I'll get under the truck and make some measurements to be sure everything is level and plumb. I'm pretty sure I wasn't drinking when I fabbed them and/or tacked them in. I do have the motor and transmission in the truck right now, but not the radiator. I'll let you know what I find.
dettmer13 is offline   Reply With Quote