View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #86
Mordachai
Fat Fendered Fleetside

Re: Interest for High rise(pre-runner style?) Fenders Fiberglass

^ awesome. I don't really need the front cups, it's the front part of the fender that I need. Feel free to cut the front of the fender off, as I don't need the whole thing. I'm thinking it'd be easier to ship the front part instead of the whole fender. PM sent.

As for radiusing the fender front, I can do that no problem. Whether you want just an inch or two taken off, or all the way to the body line like the fenders that sandking posted on the last page, or anywhere in between. I'm not at home right now, but I think taking off 4" would leave 2" or so below the body line. Either way I can make a nice finished product with a nice clean edge for ya.

Desertrat- I'm pretty sure you're right that there might be someone willing to help out financially, but that's just not me. I want to take care of all aspects of these fenders by myself( creatively and financially). Kinda my fault, knowing the upholstery shop is slow, and I spent too much money while in CO having fun expecting to have work as soon as I got back. No biggie, I'll be able to buy all the materials I need by the end of the week, and the pass. fender is still needing that front section anyways. I'm sure I can have the drivers side ready to go by then, and the passenger fender soon thereafter.

I got the inner support molds pulled off, and got the rough stuff cleaned off them. I just didn't get to finish cleaning and polishing them only because I was working fixing up my apt. to rent out and also ran out of fine (1000 and up) sandpaper and compound. I didn't get to the supply house yesterday, but I should be able to later today to get the few things I need.
Once I get them cleaned up I'll post pics. Same with the fenders, I'll take pics along the way and post up some of the process of making the model and molds.

Last edited by Mordachai; 07-16-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Mordachai is offline   Reply With Quote