View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 06:10 PM   #5
MASTERBrian

Re: 2003 'burb front heater not blowing warm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
Yea, I'd be guessing the actuators are going bad. I've replaced a few up front and also the rears. I'm at 165k so if you're over 200k, they might be due. The front dash ones, I used AC Delco ones because they are harder to get to. Mainly the one in the middle, top side. I had to remove the passenger airbag to gain access to it. The second one is on the floor, between driver and passenger area. GM 89018365 for my 04' with Auto climate control.

The ones in the back, I used Dorman ones.
I haven't had a chance to track it down and look into it since getting back into town, but I had found a video showing how to replace the upper dash one, I thought without pulling the airbag, but maybe I'm wrong on that. It has you removing the upper dash pad, handle, etc....now I'm thinking the airbag is in there. Are the airbags a PIA to remove and re-install?

**I forgot to add, someone also had a video about taking a dorman actuator apart to re-build a factory one. Again, I haven't watched that and I haven't studied both, but I'm guessing the Dorman uses cheaper gears and the AC Delco uses nicer ones and that's what you would be robbing from the factory unit(s).

Last edited by MASTERBrian; 11-27-2017 at 06:21 PM.
MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote