View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 12:31 PM   #52
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Question for the purists

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
When you are restoring a truck to be as close to stock as possible do you feel it is ok to add options that were available to your year even if your truck didn't come with that option?

Lets say you had a pretty basic truck and added some factory options. One of the new things you added isn't an option, but a new spid. Would you consider it ok to add the new options to the new spid?

Basic truck, added stock air, added air con to new spid ... Ok?

Basic truck, added everything to make it a Cheyenne Super, added to spid ... Ok?

Where would you draw the line?
Add options to your heart's content. I'm adding a expansion tank and moldings to an "original" build. May even change the color or color scheme. As for manipulating a SPID, probably not OK. I thought about doing the same, but I won't. You could do that, but that should be disclosed if sold. That and the truck would be misrepresented long after you're gone.

I should add, your truck came with a build sheet. Though most wouldn't know or care to look, it's more valuable than a SPID. There's no changing a build sheet. Changing a SPID is just misrepresentation, IMO.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 10-12-2017 at 12:42 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote