View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 06:57 AM   #7
WhiteWhale

Re: 1972 K20 Endangered species rescue thread

just a little update, got most of the engine buttoned up but still need an original alternator bracket as mine walked away and cannot be found.

New booster with M/C went in easy but the hard lines have to be replaced and am waiting for my shipment from Classic Industries on a front hard line kit. Trans is also in but unfortunately the expensive deep pan on the trans does not clear the drive shaft

Eaton HO52 got new inner and outer hub bearings and seals, brakes, wheel cylinders, hard and soft lines, cover, third member to housing, pinion, retainer, and axle to hub seals. Couldnt bring myself to rattle can the suspension and axle, just some good old fashion stiff brush and pressure washer cleaning. BEWARE that third member is HEAVY!!!

Here are a few pics of the original 3rd seat, pretty delicate these days. Needs a good cleaning

Got a set of stock 16 inch truck rims and some temp 165/75/16 ATs until I can get some 155/85/16 BFG A/Ts

One question, Ive seen this oil filler tube mounted on the front passenger side of the engine on non A/C trucks, is this the correct location for an A/C equipped suburban?

Anyone have a part number for the rubber grommet that goes on the bottom of the fill tube and seals the valve cover?

Thanks
WhiteWhale is offline   Reply With Quote