View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 09:59 PM   #15
cwcarpenter98

Re: Converting barn door to tailgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermcrad View Post
I know this is a pretty old thread, but have some questions and thought it better to bump this than start a new one.

Since this thread was started, has anyone else done the conversion? Have pictures and details of what's involved?

I found a potential project that sounds like it could be everything I want, except the major hang up is it has barn doors and I really want clamshell. I could possibly get the lift and tail gate with the deal, so I wouldn't have to search for parts, I don't think. If I did, it would be minimal. Fabrication is not a big deal for me and I enjoy it. What I see above looks pretty straight forward, but could really use some more info.

Does anyone sell the lower tail pan that has the provisions in it, or will I need to source one from a donor vehicle?

Thanks! Hope it's okay I bumped this.
I don't think anyone is repoping the sections you need to do the swap. Probably going to have to find a donor vehicle for it. It's basically the same idea, so totally ok to bump this thread back up

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote