View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #12
cobra_4

Re: Project Ole Blue:'72 SWB

More progress, sorry if these updates are boring you, but I feel like long term, when the project is done, tons of updates make for a bad ass build thread.

Got the rest of the truck scuffed down. The drivers side was a TON better than the passengers side. Alot of this old blue is gonna make for a great base for the new blue, no need to take it down too far.

Ah the joys of sanding, first you hit bondo, then you hit whatever the heck they were trying to fix. Random hole.

Started smearing a little bondo over some cracks and obvious bad spots. Although in spots this truck is gonna have alot, and already does have a lot, I'm not a fan of the stuff, nor super skilled at it so I'm trying to be very limited with its use.

Even though there is some pretty nasty surface rust on the bed, I'm gonna treat it, then primer and paint over it. I don't have the time or the skill to mess with trying to smooth it over, plus I'm hoping once I repaint the blue, I'm gonna brush in the white and the different texture will help add to the patina look. Time will tell.

I am gonna try and fix this, don't want anyone needing a shot over opening the tail gate.

More bondo.

Starting to fix the tailgate.

Still wishing I had stolen that white fender. Just trying to repatch this poor patch job of years ago. Actually going pretty good I think.

Started on the roof, what a PITA for someone short! When I get the truck inside I'm gonna pull the valve cores out of the tires, should lower it down enough to work with a little better.

Even at six months pregnant I talked the wife into helping a little!

Surprised to find the inside of the tail gate in good shape.

More self etching primer on the metal.

I started washing under the hood a few months ago, but my water was busted at the shop so I couldn't make much progress. But with it fixed, I really knocked some grease off the motor, its still NASTY though.

BEFORE

AFTER

Still not where I want it, gonna have to take a putty knife to the front of the engine, but its coming. At some point I'll pull the valve covers and accessories and paint everything, may actually do it next so I don't have to worry about overspray on the outside of the truck.

Oooh look, its almost white again!

Ugh, never noticed this before, or if I did I forgot. Something else to patch up!

She ain't too nice, she ain't too pretty, but every step I take I feel good, like saving a dog from the pound, when its done it will be nice to know I saved this one from the crusher!
Late model bed, smoothed engine bay, digital dash, custom interior CLICK HERE for pictures
cobra_4 is offline   Reply With Quote