View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #18
fixit-p

Re: Battery/amp gauge

Vette, I thought using teminal 5 was a good idea based on the diagram posted in the faq section of the printed circuit board. It shows a dotted line going from terminal 5 to the ground side of the temp light, without any foot notes I assumed that path as well as the positive side was still on the circuit board, just not being used. I dont have a circuit board to verify if it's there or not and if it isn't thanks for the correction.

72step, The brown wire which went to the alt. light is to excite the alternator and has no direct effect on the ammeter. Earlier I stated that "Delco recomends on models with a gen light that the reisistor wire be installed parallel to the gen light circuit but I don't think GM did this" and you indicated that there is a brown/white wire tied into the brown wire. If thats the case you should be good to go, I cant verify this but you can by checking the brown wire at the voltage regulator for power with the key on only also note the voltage drop to verfiy resistance. Delco recomended this to add redundancy to the chargeing system, if the alt. light ever burned out your charging system would still work not leaving you stranded.

Pole question, Mine works.

Quote:
Originally posted by:Abraham Lincoln "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine."

Last edited by fixit-p; 03-21-2010 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Image
fixit-p is offline   Reply With Quote