View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #55
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: 67-72 Chevy Truck fuel gauge diagnostics 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzepplin View Post
So I went and filled it up today. Bad news. Reads just over 1/4 tank. More than before but dagnabit! And as an added bonus now it burps gas upon fillup again for some stupid reason. SHAZAM! On the other hand the new front sway bar makes it ride fantastic. Think a rear is on the way.
I did not do any testing yet but will keep you all posted.
Man, you sure are having the luck with this. I would bet the fill hose is kinked somewhere, maybe?? That would cause burping problem.

Do you have another fuel or temp gauge laying around? If so, change the resistor with your current one on the back of the fuel gauge. If you do not have one, PM me your address and I will ship you one. A bad resistor can cause the 1/4 tank issue. If you can, ohm check the resistor removed from the fuel gauge. It should be around 100 ohms give or take a few. Don't worry about the color code on them. I have all different colors of these, red, orange, yellow and blue and they all ohm check around 100 ohms.

If I don't hear back from you, have a great holiday. Keep me posted,

Take care,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C