View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 06:20 PM   #13
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: dual electric fans question(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56hotrodred View Post
Hey this is good news on the 2500 cfm front!

Flex-a-lite also lists an adjustable thermostatic controller! Is that any better than the variable speed controller? Or are they two different things. As you can tell I know nothing about this sort of stuff.

It looks like there may be options for controlling whatever fans I get and I really don't have to make any decisions on that front yet although it is good to plan ahead.

Up until a few years ago I never even had AC in my personal vehicles!!! My wife has for ever but my old trucks never...
Adjustable means that you can adjust the temp it starts the fan at. its an On/off device like a relay. variable mean the fan starts at 60% power and spins the fan at say 1000 rpm if it needs more cooling it spins it up to say 1800 rpm , less cooling it ramps it down again.

Some of the adjustables have a big probe you push into the radiator fins to pick up the temp. It's a better place to read temperatures but the device is a hot water heater thermostat somebody figured out could be used for cars.

There are digital adjustables but again it's an ON OFF device.

Ac makes a difference. You want the fan to come on full speed when the compressor engages so you don't pop a compressor head due to pressure build up and excess heat.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote