Thread: Am I green
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 09:24 AM   #9
SCOTI

Re: Am I green

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
Thanks for schooling me Scoti and well put also
This is the reason I'm asking these questions , to figure out what my needs are and what will fit my step side . I do want the 20's and for price , I'm in the middle bracket for what I want to spend
Thanks again
Have you checked out the Billet Specialties 'Speedway' series wheels? They're a nice, middle price point wheel w/several BS options. The 20's are available in 8.5 & 10" widths & a BS range of 4.25 - 5.5".

The nice thing about steppers in my opinion is the ease of 'modding' for additional clearance in the rear if desired. Some measuring/trimming, some fleetside wheel tubs bolted in, & boom..... more room. There's more to it but it's do-able.

Stick w/a tire sidewall as close to or greater than 4" tall for better ride quality (a 245/40-20 would be as short as I would go up front). The taller the sidewall, the better the ride should be.

You mentioned a planned 4/6 drop (mild). Mild drops can handle a ~28" front/29-30" rear tire w/o much (any) issue. More drop or taller tire in front will start to yield clearance problems w/factory inner wheel wells.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 10-09-2018 at 09:33 AM.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote