View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 05:23 PM   #5
69TowRig

Re: WTB Choke Thermostat for 69 Rochester 2GV on 307 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhow66
NAPA no longer carries that. They gave me a huge list of cross-references of different brands of parts that have all come back as obsolete. They said that the number was good but no DCs carry it and therefore they cannot order it. I have checked O'Reilly's, AutoZone, Carquest, etc.

The NAPA CRB2293 crosses with:
Wells E603 (obsolete)
Standard CV11 (obsolete)
Borg Warner TH11 (obsolete)

No one can get these things. Even LMC's listing only shows 71-72. To me it appears that the base is different on the one I need as compared to the only one I have found online (it has only one mounting hole, my manifold has two that flank the coil spring).

I will probably end up building some sort of adapter plate to mount a different one, or if I can buy some sort of electric choke that will divorce mount I might do that. I had wanted to take it back to stock but it looks like that might be impossible.

Doesn't anyone still run this carburetor?
Building a stripper, one part at a time: 1969 K5, 307, 3spd, 3 seats, hard top. Added Pwr Discs, Pwr Steering, Aux Battery, T-case Skid, Lighted Sidemarkers, HEI, Lock-Right Diff, ECE Class IV Hitch, 32" MT/Rs. Parts to Install: Hand Throttle, Console, Tow Hooks, Dual Horns, AM-FM, Dealer Swing-Away Tire Carrier, Gas Tank Skid.
Also building a 1950 Willys CJ-3A and off-roading a 2001 Nissan Frontier on 1-Ton Portals...
69TowRig is offline   Reply With Quote