View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 07:31 PM   #75
Jsfucttruck

Re: 87 V20 D/D and Road trip Burb

If it isn't one thing it's another. I was on my way home from work when my alt belt started squealing. I got home to find the adjustment bolt had snapped off and the alt rocked out of adjustment. The bolt was the one that came with the tuff stuff 140 amp alt. I was able to spin out the busted peice by hand and replaced it with a grade 8.

While I was there I replaced my fan with a derale/us motorworks 20" clutch fan replacement. Mine was slightly bent and had sharp edges from grinding on something at some point in it's lifetime.
The replacement I think was a 17120. It would has shallower profile but the fan blades are longer and it sits in the shroud nicely. 30 min later the bur b was back up running.
So the idle is a bit smoother and I suspect my water pump will last longer too. After a few hrs of driving in the mountains while my daughter naps in the back and I am very happy with it. The rad water temps are lower and I never cracked over 190 in the cylinder head gauge. It is a bit louder than the stock one but I got no complaints with it's functionality.
Attached Images

Jsfucttruck is offline   Reply With Quote