View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 09:20 AM   #60
Hart_Rod

Re: 69 Burb speaker/amp/sub suggestions needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGglaSS View Post
Rob, I thought I scared you away with my music choices. But saw in your other thread you were busy.. I listened to Rosanna the other day to see what the fuss was about. Instrumentally, it is actually a cool song with lots going on. But the chorus line is annoying, and now I can't get it out of my head. It is recorded at a lower level, and when I went back to other music had to turn the volume down.

Kick panels are looking good. It looks like you've got the spacers. I've seen comments on this forum before that the dimmer switch doesn't clear. Though I don't know the solution.

On the amp, turn all (3) LEVEL knobs fully counter-clockwise. You will adjust them later.

Set the switch in the top middle to "LPF", and the LPF knob to half-way (12:00).

Lower left switch, rear channel, set to "HPF", and turn the adjacent HPF knob fully counter-clockwise, then turn it up 1/8-1/4 turn. You want this knob to be roughly 100-110hz, but you really can't tell by looking at the dial.

Front channel can stay at "FULL". If you get into tweaking the tuning, you can play with that later.

Don't forget to hook up the supplied x-overs for the front components.

Following you on this build has got me antsy to do the install on my 57 truck. But I'm a long ways from getting that done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGglaSS View Post
Yes. You need to make some adjustments. I just posted it a couple minutes before the last message.
My apologies. I saw the second post and totally missed the first one. Will make the adjustments this evening. Thanks again!
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote