View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #62
1968 baby blue C10

Re: Trip to the auto parts store just isn't the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuccales View Post
Thank goodness, a youngster with out a phone! There's still hope for the world. So what I'm reading here is, you are in college, you turn a wrench with Dad to keep Moms ride on the road. Well done. Sounds like you got a pretty good head on them shoulders. Keep up the good work!
Haha thanks, I honestly don’t even know how to communicate with my fellow college students, it’s like they don’t even know how to talk.

And yeah I have always helped Dad in the garage since I was a kid. Mom knows how to work on vehicles from her dad, but she was injured in a motorcycle accident with my dad a couple years ago and can’t torque on stuff with her right arm anymore. Her dad was a unbelievable drive way hot rod-er, swapping engines and transmission in the ditch. He did really technical things for performance that no one ever taught him how to do, and could tell what was wrong with an engine just by listening to it. I wish he hadn’t passed away before I was born. I know from her first hand experiences that he had C10’s up on two wheels around turns more than once, and was airborne quite often haha, and he never had a single accident in his life. From what she’s told me he was one of the best drivers ever. I wish I could’ve learned from him.
"Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have." -Thomas Hildern
1968 baby blue C10 is offline   Reply With Quote