View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 06:54 PM   #63
special-K
Special Order

Re: Trip to the auto parts store just isn't the same

I've been lucky to have a good NAPA store in town for as long as I've been here. Maybe 13-14 years ago a young inexperienced manager took over and it took a bit to get him straightened out. Thought he must be family because the other two counter men were damn good. But I figure they didn't want a headache job. So Louie came around and ended up being a good manager. I never had to pay up front for ordering anything in and when they started a no check policy, posted on the door in, they still let me write checks. When a new guy would hesitate, Louie, Rich, or Tom would say "He's good". Well, last time in there were two guys fumbling on the computer, never looked up, and only Rich was there and it was like he really wanted to say something he couldn't. Got a bad feeling the good times are over...unless I can get the new manager straightened out on how to treat old dependable customers. If they are new age I'm screwed and I'm not sure Rich will be hanging in. Heck, before this satellite store even opened, the main one I would deal with and had since mid-70s. I knew the family that owned the stores, the son and daughter about my age. But they sold it off years ago. We'll see....

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-14-2018 at 09:26 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote