View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 06:26 PM   #10
Rich69shortfleet

Re: Need help with dash lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
This is the circuit.
Attachment 1769847
If your tester is showing voltage at the fuse, my top suspect would be bad fuse (I've seen weird stuff like that before, fuse tests good but is actually bad under any load) or poor connection of the fuse in the fuse holder. It is possible to be somewhere along the grey wire, and if so the most likely place would be where the wire connects to the terminal inside the fuse panel or inside the connector. You can poke through the grey insulation with the tester to check voltage in the wire.
I'll try to follow the grey wire out of the fuse panel and see where it may have power. I'll pull the fuse panel down if need be. I'll also try another fuse.

Do you know which end of the fuse the power come out of to go to the cluster? I'd like to try a jumper wire but I will want it to go through the fuse so I'd need to connect it onto the outbound side of the fuse, otherwise my jumper will be bypassing the fuse and I don't want to burn down my harness or dash panel in the process in the event there is something else going on.
Rich69shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote