View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
Sinisterspeed

Re: Dad's Budget Build 55

Well now we are into the motor 350 bucks and some time nothing big but what to do now.

My cousin is an awesome motor builder and we had already be talking about rewiring my 57 truck so I asked him about pulling rebuilding the motor and rewiring the truck. He said he would do it for me for 1250 bucks if the Heads were ok. If he had to anything with the heads it would be more.

Relay the info to Dad, and once again I head out to pick up "Mater" and take it to my cousin to have some more work done.

Here are some more pictures taken during this 2 week stay at the cousins house for some more work.

When we got it apart, It had spun or chewed up every crank bearing in there so bad that the block was shot. With some hook ups my cousin had we picked up a freshly line bored 010 block for 125.00. After that sent the heads in. Guess what.. Absoluly shot too.. More to fix them then they are worth. Not to mention the worst castings GM ever produced. So opt'd for some rebuild ones for 450. Dont remember what ones Dennis "cousin" said they were good ones. Not fuelies or anything just good ones. I remember something about 88 ? but some sort of truck heads. So the above pictures the bottom end is done here is some of the complete motor ready to go back in.

Reused as much as we could to keep the cost down but that air cleaner has to go. The intake, Carb, Valve covers i cleaned in the blast cabinet and came out looking good enough for re-install.

70 GMC Longhorn (A.K.A Money Bucket)
57 Chev 3100
05 Chevy LLY Dmax.
67 Chevy Camaro

Dad's Budget Build 55

My Longhorn Build
Sinisterspeed is offline   Reply With Quote