Thread: '50 chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 12:42 AM   #38
joedoh

Re: '50 chevy 3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_50 View Post
When you say to the rings.. do you mean the factory lift points? I've looked and can't see any, this was a new 350 crate motor so I'm not sure but may be there was some on the old 305. I've pulled engines and trans separately, couple bolts on both heads. Just not a engine and trans together, I think this would be best when I try to find the crossmember locations when I drop it into the 3100. So I'm a little worried about where to hook up the chains. Would a leveler allow me to keep distributor on? I know the clearance depends a lot on the distributor when I put the engine in the 3100.
yes, the factory lift points. if you dont have any you will have to get creative, like bolting the chain to the head either where there is an empty hole for an accessory or even an intake bolt, but be careful on the intake bolts. there is also a plate you can buy that bolts to where the carb is. a load leveler wont give you any attachment points, but it does usually have the little brackets to attach.

as long as you dont have the chains in the area of the distributor you can leave it in.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote