Thread: 71 Chev SWB
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #7
awhite4557

Re: 71 Chev SWB updated

I started with the upgrades. I added a power steering box from a 1985 Chev PU. I then added a serpentine pully setup off of a 1995 Chev PU. I bought a new alternator, idler pully and tensioner pully. I also bought a new AC compressor to get ready for the addition of an AC in the near future (I hope). Since this motor is a crate motor, I had to drill and tap some of the mounting bolts for the brackets. I also had to buy a new reverse rotation water pump and fan assembly. The fan don't fit the factory shroud so I am going to add an electric fan when I add the AC. The power steering hoses from the 1985 PU fit perfect. I had to order the return hard line for the gear box from LMC, nobody else I found carried it. I also bought a new power brake conversion kit from NO LIMIT. They sent me a bad power booster and then would not replace it without wanting to charge me for the repairs. I had to order a new booster from Classic Parts to replace the piece of junk I got from NO LIMIT. I'll never buy anything from them again. The brakes work good now with the new booster. I have done some other mods and will send updates and photos when I can.
Attached Images

awhite4557 is offline   Reply With Quote