View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #48
special-K
Special Order

Re: Stacey David, what's up with his?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
And Tim an ear ring in 79 ??? Heck back then no males around here wore them because everyone was pretty sure if you wore an ear ring in a certain ear it meant that you batted for the other team ... lol ... and no one knew which ear that was
No,1976! I cut my long hair (to what many would still think is long hair now) and wasn't sure how comfortable I was with looking so "acceptable". I was listening to Bonnie Raitt's song,"That Song About The Midway" and the line "He stood out like a ruby,in a black man's ear" got me thinking about a man with an earring. I was thinking more like genies (Mr. Clean) pirates.bikers,surfers,and such. Never occurred to me about the guys batting for the other team. The nurse asked which ear and I told her the right. My thinking was it wouldn't stand out as much while driving. I had people telling me I had it on the other team's side,but all the guys from the other team I saw had them on the left. I drove across the country a couple months later. In San Francisco a girl told me that it meant you were married/taken,there. I thought that was really funny! It seemed with an earring it was the first thing people looked at and wondered what it meant. It didn't mean anything. I decided to take it out after a few months.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-08-2013 at 10:51 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote