View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 09:46 AM   #8
cooperhw

Re: making body filler look wet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72HuggerK20 View Post
Guide coat will not shine. It's just a sanding aide, which you should use when blocking primer. In the collision industry, time is money, so we have done the wax and grease remover trick on filler with success every time. We actually do the final wipe before primer with wax and grease. On every car. Never had a primer delamination. More people would probably be more comfortable doing it over primer, but then you'll have to risk re-filling areas over the primer and then spot priming those areas and blending them in. Or better yet, re-priming the entire panel. That takes a lot of time. As long as you're priming over 150 grit scratches or similar, you'll be fine. Like I said earlier, make sure it is completely dried out before spraying it with primer. Blow gun works great.
O.P. should probably listen to the good advice given here. I've read his posts before and would trust him if he said it will work, I believe it will work.
Most of us (Myself Especially/Included) are NOT production guys in the industry. I do it my way because Time is my time and a little material only.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote