View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 09:27 PM   #12
7 Devils

Re: Weird no start after oil change.

To clarify: I advised pouring a little fuel in the TBI to see if it starts. By little I mean a couple 2 or 3 ounces. If you pour a couple pints in it and most that makes it into 1 or 2 cylinders that a condition called hydo-locking and it will do severe damage. Line broken piston, bent rod, sometimes both.
At this point with what's been described so far I would be thinking about the fuel pressure regulator having failed. If you pull the fuel pump relay located on the passenger firewall and then pour a couple ounce down it with no more than 30-40% throttle and it fires just fine then that's a strong indication of the flooding condition ChevyTech described. If you ha e to hang it wide open to fire and it still runs rough it likely being flooded to death.
Is the check engine light on? If you or a friend have a scanner oull any codes. Since you TBI unit lacks a Schrader valve it's not as easy to put a fuel pressure tester on. You usually need an adapter the goes between the TBI and the pressure/feed line. This is why I suggested the earlier method.
Hope you get it figure out without too many head aches or money.

Dan
55 GMC 371 2 1/2 ton. Upcoming project.
7 Devils is offline   Reply With Quote