View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 05:23 PM   #256
Dustinmk4

Re: What did you do yo your truck today??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieD View Post
Probably some good Axle grease when installing. I swaped both door's on my 95 my self and I am 66 so I am sure you won''t have a problem, I need to do my 94 as soon as it warms up, 3deg wind chill right now will be - 42 wind chill by Monday morning.
Thanks for the tip. I was reading that lithium grease when installing and at every oil change helps.

I ran across this site
http://www.hingekits.com/search/Chev...eries/4%20Door

They also sell oversize bushings which might be a way to go, given more wall thickness for wear. Anyone ever order from them?

I will also be waiting till it warms up a bit before I tackle it, or until I get enough of our crap unpacked and out of my garage that I can do it in there.

Oh ya as far as what I did today......... my tune-up parts should be arriving so that is going to get done next week. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor and fuel filter all Delco parts. Plus I picked up oil and a filter to do an oil change and already did a sea foam treatment in the fuel and oil. Should be in tip top shape after the tune-up. After all that is done I may do a royal purple changeover on the diffs and tranny, or I may just drive it till spring when it isn't so cold to work on it.
Dustinmk4 is offline   Reply With Quote