View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 05:46 PM   #13
SCOTI

Re: Time Out: 70 El Camino Side Project

The unfortunate part of the floor delay was it jacked-up our schedules. With the kids school activities, sports + life in general, progress slowed as the season changed. My buddy scoured the net & C-list looking for El Camino/Chevelle related parts during this downtime.

We wanted the classic 'muscle-car' theme w/the interior. My buddy was looking through ad's for related parts when he came into contact w/a guy selling various parts & made him an offer on some mis-matched pieces. So a road trip to Baton Rouge LA was in order & he was able to pick-up a set of buckets & console for free (the guy thought it was cool what he was doing for his son on such a shoe-string budget so he wouldn't take any money for the parts). Very cool! My buddy insisted on paying something so he wound up giving him some cash so he could take his wife out for dinner.

Since we were into the winter months now, we returned focus to my dually while he continued looking for parts for the Camino. I was really pushing to have my Dually done for the Lone Star Throwdown which kept us both busy. Unfortunately my deadline wasn’t achieved as there were too many shake-down issues to address.

As we moved closer to summer, a plan was made to shift our focus back to the Camino & get it over to my shop to transform the ‘challenged’ engine bay. Gotta show the 'free stuff' first though.....
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote