View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #4
Haggar

Re: 1971 Jimmy with 6.0 LQ4 / 4L65, 4" lift/33s.. basic family fun cruiser

Oops.. I used a Dirty Dingo swap crossmember to mount the engine. It worked out well enough, and had no clearance issues with the stock truck oil pan. There is a lot of adjustability, I have the engine slid forward I think as far as it can go, which lets it just clear the firewall. I think I had to hammer a small corner of the trans tunnel on the passenger side to clear the headers, and needed to trim the top rail of each side of the frame, to clear the headers, also.

The Engine harness came with the 5.3... it was a Painless Wiring Red/Blue swap harness. It turned out to be quite nice, and I had no trouble with it. In addition, I installed another fuse block/power distribution block, and additional relays to control things like the fans. The ECU, engine fuses, and relays, are mounted on a bracket that I made, which is inside where the glove box was originally.

For the fuel system, I had an aeromotive phantom setup (with the yellow foam and black rubber sump) on the shelf (I had a lot of things on the shelf!!, This build let me reuse a lot of parts from half-done builds)... I didn't need or want the Aeromotive 340 pump for this engine, so I replaced it with an Amazon sourced Walbro 255. I installed all of that into the stock gas tank, which was a brand new aftermarket poly unit that the PO installed. After cleaning it, I cut the hole for the pump with the tank completely full of water to attempt not to blow myself up. I had leftover AN fittings/hose to get up a few feet to a Corvette filter/regulator, and then from there, I used a Dorman repair kit to build the Plastic(Nylon?) 3/8 lines up to the fuel rail with the correct quick-connect fittings. I really liked this stuff, and overall, the whole fuel system has worked flawlessly so far.
Attached Images

Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote