View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 12:47 AM   #1
mr48chev

GM Trucks at Billetproof hotrod Eruption drags.

Several years involved but a couple of hard running AD trucks and a few others and a few wild Chevy inline six engines.
r
This event has taken place at Riverdale Raceway in Toutle Wa which is out past the "The World almost ended here" sign and is a few miles west of Mt St Helens and right on the Toutle river that carried the flood down to the ocean from the eruption in 1980 The track is 1/8 mile and about as basic as you can get with a berm on one side that most of us were sitting or standing on.

There was also the ring ding of dirt bikes running around the dirt bike tracks that surround the drag strip area.

It was a 179 mile drive over White pass at Early thirty in the morning.

As this is a Billetproof event you won't see any 20's or other new fad stuff just old school hotrods and a few that qualify more as rat rods but ran hard and close inspection said looks were deceiving. No suspect chassis work on these rigs.

The TF Cameo looking truck runs really hard and blew the doors off several would be gassers. A young guy who stood with me while I took photos for quite a bit said it is a regular at the track.

The black AD with pink trim belongs to a gal who drives the wheels off it and made a lot of passes. That gal is one smooth driver and the truck is real consistent.

The little green AD was hiding out behind the bleachers complete with rally wheels

Normally I don't do rat rods but this one was a body and bed sitting on a later car chassis and was a strong runner.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote