View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 04:45 PM   #15
mr48chev

Re: GM Trucks at Billetproof hotrod Eruption drags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfarm View Post
Nice job
I loved all the pictures,am I going to see you at Maryhill this year?
We will be there, do you still want that tailgate. No $$ cost to you just a trade to be named later. I finally got it down off the roof of the shed.

The drags were great fun. All old school cars outside of a couple of diggers that still qualified as old school. I think the cutoff was around 1966 Year model as far as being able to race and as the name suggests no billet parts or wheels allowed for the sake of having billet parts. Hand machined aluminum on some special brackets passed muster though.

Going up there would about like going to a track at Glenwood if there was one. Way out past the end of the known world sign in a really nifty setting. If it gets any more popular both racer or spectator wise they will need to make a few improvements including a decent return road so the cars can have a way to return besides driving back up the strip. That was one of the best parts for me taking photos though as all the rigs you see going left to right on the strip were returning to the starting line/pits and that allowed me to get great photos with no clutter in the background.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote