View Single Post
Old 01-06-2024, 08:56 PM   #147

Re: Let`s See Little GM Haulers

In the interest of helping make the S-10 subforum a little more lively, here's my "sporty beater"- not the clearest photo but on the other hand you can't tell how rusty it really is. The cab corners and one of the rockers have been kinda tough for a while but just in the last year the rust is flaking the paint off the box above the wheelwells. So, before a lot longer, some decisions will need to be made- whether I have a patch job of sorts done, or just keep on driving til the rust claims yet another one.

I think it was originally a fleet or business vehicle- it has the proper ZR-2 sticker on the firewall, but no decals on the box- instead, at some point it got a pinstripe and freehand "Z-r2"- which I kinda like.

It's a fun little truck to hammer around with- though a 5 speed would be even more fun- and in a great many ways a lot handier than the full-size 3/4 ton, but I do see why little trucks aren't as popular- if I get just 500 pounds of feed at the co-op and climb in the driver's seat, that is basically the payload. In fact, it's a little sprung toward the driver's side now, after I tried getting 700 pounds of feed and myself home.
Attached Images

4793 is offline   Reply With Quote