View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 11:33 PM   #107
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Headers look very nice.
Thanks SCOTI! It was a mission to get to this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod1 View Post
Chris

Thanks for the great explanation. I am in the middle of doing the fuel filter as well. A lot of choices and tube end options. Not sure about running either annealed stainless, aluminum lines or maybe what you ran. I see that you used the green copper variety of line (dont know the name of it).
I'm glad to help any way I can! I actually had No Limit run the lines when they built the chassis (I was trying to get the truck done in a hurry last year until I hit a couple major snags). They are the "olive low carbon steel copper brazed" variety. So the tube material is steel, just the seam uses copper braze. The olive colored coating helps for corrosion. It's a toss up on what material you use on fuel line. I'd use either stainless or steel. The stainless stuff can be a major pain to work with but would probably last longer with today's fuel blends. But then there is that cost thing. I think the steel with the coating will do just fine for me. I may wind up painting the lines black before it's all said and done.

And I had a little fun with the GoPro today and took some video footage of the headers a little closer up for a better look.

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote