View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 11:44 AM   #32
bowtieguy79
Ephesians 2:8

Re: Tahoe Limited - New Daily Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawDrifter View Post
The ho looks great. Are you going to rebuild the Onan or repower? I love my 318, it's my "toy". Has ag tires on the back and tri rib Firestones on the front. Last​ time I looked they require your first born for the Onan rebuild kit.
I've got a very odd situation at my place. I grew up with a 317 dad did an updated onan swap on back in early 90's. I now have that 317 and use it every week. Its arm strong manual steering, but has a 50" deck and mows great runs great.

I bought a 318 last summer with a Honda 20hp repower on it. It was not wired yet, so I've been working through that, it had no deck either, so I picked up another deck just this past month for it. So far I've been at a stopping point not having time or directions for Honda/JD conversion....

Then out of the blue my brother calls and offers me his. So I may pull the Onan from the 317 and slap it in this 318..... OR leave the 317 alone until I get one of the others going..... To much green = to many problems The Honda may find its way in this new to me 318, its hard to say... lol

Now I have 2 dead needing love 318's both with 50" decks, a running leaking hystat 317 that needs tires aired up everytime I use it, but hey yard is getting mowed.

I plan to have 2 mowers that run and move so my boy can start mowing yards here in a few years
bowtieguy79 is offline   Reply With Quote