View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #99
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Thanks Vectorit! This thing has come together surprisingly well and easy. Guess all of the good and bad experiences in building the K10 made this one a breeze……so far.

MTCK,

I would love to do an 8.1L at the same time as the NV4500 but my boss would probably have my head on a stick if I did that. NV4500 first then the 8.1L next year….unless this 5.7L drops dead. It does drink a lot of oil though so I am going to start feeding it used oil. Yeah, the factory step bumpers are pretty darn beefy. I got this one for $40 but I learned something on this project. Trucks and SUV’s (definitely Suburban’s) use different rear step bumpers. From the side, the bumper looks like it is set back a bit too far but from the top it fits perfectly. To make it fit more like a glove I would have had to cut about 2” off the lip of the bumper just below the rear doors. I don’t think I could have made that cut on such a long run to look good. Too long of a cut to do with a cut off wheel. I know some people won’t like the rear bumper but I like it. I like the price even better, $40 plus paint.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote