View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 09:44 AM   #42
PurdueSD

Re: Got in a Wreck, could use some advice!

I dont understand all the ranting... They matched what i was asking for in the end and on top of it payed out sales tax. I never thought they would come all the way up to my asking price. But i was well researched, had undisputeable comps and stood my ground. And though it took several weeks of saying no, they finally did meet my demand. In the end, truth be told, I would have accepted less. I thought they might get close, but not all the way there -when i set my price. I am really happy with the settlement.

I didn't let anybody tell me what to do(insurance), quite the opposite actually. And yes, I could have fought to buy the truck back, but i wasn't willing to push the issue and screw myself out of the agreed settlement and move forward. I was ok with loosing the truck if they came to my number, though i did inquire about the buy back.

I came out way ahead. I was extremely fair when establishing comps and fair market (today, right now) value. If i had to go out and replace my truck today, i could open up auto trader and pay for fair market replacement based on the settlement i received.

That being said, me personally (not the market) would never pay that much for my truck. I'd search for weeks, months etc and find a replacement that i could snag undervalued.